Hye! Are you one of those who are waiting for a blasting offer to study in Switzerland? If yes, here comes a great opportunity for you. Swiss Government is accepting applications from all over the globe for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2022 in Masters, Ph.D., and Post Doctorate.
The Swiss Confederation each year grants Government Excellence Scholarships to scholars and artists from 180 countries of the world, aiming promotion of exchange and cooperation in the field of research and technology. The scholars and artists are selected for this grant by the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS).
These Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Young People are designed to help the Researchers from overseas who have received a master’s or doctoral degree in research and technology and foreign artists who hold a bachelor’s degree.
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships have been categorized in following four categories:
- Master scholarships (arts fields only)
- Ph.D. scholarships (all fields)
- Postdoctoral scholarships (all fields),
- Research fellowships (all fields)
Further details regarding Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2022-2023 are given below:
Brief Summary of Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2022:
Host country: Switzerland
Degree levels: Masters, Doctorate, Post-doctorate, Research Degree
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded scholarships
Eligible Nationalities: International Students from all over the world
Deadline: 30th September 2021
Duration of the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2022
- Duration of Research Scholarships: 12 Months Maximum
- Time of Doctoral Scholarships: 12 Months extendable up to 36 months.
- Period of Post-Doctoral Scholarships: 12 Months.
Disciplines offered in Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2022:
Two types of scholarships have been offered in the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2022:
Art scholarships were announced for artists from a small number of countries for Master’s degrees. Recipients of this scholarship would be able to join the Swiss universities of arts.
Research Scholarships: Research scholarships are for those who have done their Master’s. Researchers can apply in all fields for the post-graduate and post-doctorate research program.
The scholars and artists will be selected by the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS), which takes the final decision according to the following criteria:
- Candidate profile
- Quality of the research project or artistic work
- Synergies and potential for future research cooperation
Benefits coverage details:
Following financial benefits are included in the Fully Funded Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2022:
- Monthly Stipend
- Tuition Fee
- Round Airfare Tickets
- Health Insurance
- Housing Allowance
- Research Fund
Eligibility Requirements for the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2022:
You need to fulfill the following requirements to become eligible for this fully funded Swiss grant:
- First of all, you need is the Acceptance Letter from a Swiss Professor. You can get guidelines about how to contact professors to get letter of acceptance.
- For a Ph.D. and Post-doctorate scholarship, the applicant must have a master’s degree. Bachelor’s degree is a must for applying to Master’s programs.
- The applicant who has already received any other Swiss Government grant is not eligible for this.
- As far as eligibility for a master’s program is concerned, it varies from country to country. You must check the eligibility criteria by Select Your Country: Countries A – L / Countries M – Z.
How to apply for Switzerland Government Excellence Scholarships?
Documents Required for Swiss Government Scholarships 2022:
You must prepare the following documents for application:
- A short CV with a list of academic publications, awards, etc.
- An acceptance letter from a Swiss University professor
- Signed FCS application form (can be obtained by email from the Embassy of Switzerland of your origin country).
- A complete research proposal (max. 5 pages, signed).using FCS form
- Submit two sets: one original (signed documents having two letters of recommendation) and one copy ( of everything in set 1 except the letter of recommendation).
- Signed medical certificate (use only the FCS health certificate form).
- Two copies of the applicant’s passport (main page with personal data). Dual nationals add copies of both passports. Applicants already in Switzerland during the application procedure add a copy of the residence permit for Switzerland.
Application Process of Switzerland Government Excellence Scholarship 2022:
- The applicants have to apply for Ph.D., Post-Doc, or master’s programs in the Federal Commission of Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS) and Swiss universities separately.
- The students applying for Arts must confirm their country’s eligibility first.
- The Application Process also varies for each country. To apply, please visit the Official website of the Switzerland Government Excellence Scholarship.
The Last Date for Applying for the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship 2022 is 30th September 2021.
Related: Knight Hennessy Scholarship Program 2022for International students.