What is Microsoft’s scholarship program:
Microsoft Scholarships are provided at universities in the United States, Canada or Mexico. It is an excellent method to get money for college and to enhance your curriculum vitae. The Microsoft scholarship program is basic, clearly arranged and easy to understand. This guide will guide you step by step on How to get a scholarship from Microsoft.
Microsoft’s mission is to train new programmers in the affiliated universities of USA, Canada and Mexico to develop a pool of Microsoft-qualified individuals who have received four fundamental bonds. The bursaries help graduates in computer science degrees and other technical subjects such as computer technology, electrical engineering, mathematics and physics.
Applicants must have a background in computer sciences, related technical or computer engineering areas. As with the increasing trend, learning computer science creates unlimited career opportunities in today’s world and is a highly sought-after profession. The importance of university training in the computer industry is growing, and big companies such as Microsoft are helping students pay for college.
Microsoft offers scholarship opportunities at 145 institutions located in 25 countries, including primary, secondary and undergraduate scholarships. The scholarship is $12,000 and shall be utilized only by the scholar and may not be transferred to anyone else.
Microshoft Scholarship Categories:
There are four scholarship categories:
- Microsoft General Scholarships
- Women at Microsoft Scholarships
- Blacks at Microsoft (BAM) Scholarships
- Microsoft disability Scholarship
Checkout latest scholarships around the world that are accepting application for session 2022.
Microsoft General Scholarship:
Bursaries are not applicable, and selected students can take advantage of tuition fees and are entitled to one academic year’s part-time tuition covered by the funding office in your university or school. Microsoft makes one-time payments per year to a designated school, and the funds are not transferable to other educational institutions.
What is the criteria for selection In Microsoft General Scholarships?
- At the time of application, applicants must be enrolled full time in a bachelor’s degree program at a four-year institution in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
- Academic achievement and excellence demonstrated. In order to be considered for the scholarship, you MUST have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 out of 4.0 or a 4.0 out of 5.0.
- Show satisfactory progress toward completing an undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, or a related STEM field.
- Eligible majors include: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related STEM disciplines.
Women At Microsoft Scholarship:
The Microsoft Women Scholarship aims to empower women, secondary and non-binary people to attend college, appreciate the relevance of technology to the world and focus on a career in technology. A key objective of this scholarship is to enhance the gender diversity of the technological industry. This year, Women at Microsoft is awarding 13 bonds worth $85,000.
- 3, $20,000 given over 4 years ($5,000 annually, renewable)
- 10 $2,500 one-time scholarships are available.
What is the criteria for selection In Women At Microsoft Scholarships?
You must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for the Women at Microsoft Scholarship:
- You must be a graduating high school senior who identifies as a woman.
- After graduating high school, plan to enrol in a two- or four-year undergraduate program at a University/College or Technical College. For financial transactions, schools must be based in the United States or be associated with a United States group (on a non-US school’s eligibility, please contact Seattle Foundation).
- Plans to pursue a career in science, technology, engineering, arts, or math (STEAM).
- Exhibit enthusiasm for technology and the impact it can have on the world.
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or better in high school.
- Students who require financial assistance to attend college.
- Enrollment status must be full-time or half-time.
Applicants who identify as nonbinary or gender fluid and those with transgender experience are especially encouraged to apply.
Blacks At Microsoft (BAM) Scholarships:
The Blacks in Microsoft (BAM) scholarships are distinct from minority bonds.
- The completion of a bachelor’s degree should be part of your ambitions, but you can apply for a BAM if you begin at a two-year institution such as a community college or technical school.
- BAM Scholarships are funded and administered by members of the BAM (Blacks at Microsoft) organization and are renewable awards of US $5,000.
What is the criteria for selection In Black At Microsoft Scholarships?
A BAM scholarship is available only for U.S. applicants. All internship candidates are considered for BAM scholarships. Additional one-of-a-kind requirements for admittance include:
- You must be of African, African-American, or Ethiopian descent to be considered. The applicant must complete.
- An undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, computer science, or a recognized curriculum such as an MBA must be completed before you may begin working.
- Your grade point average (GPA) must be 3.3 or greater.
- Aside from your application forms, you must also submit a resume (which should include extracurricular activities, honours, and work experience), a transcript, two reference letters, a photograph of yourself, and two essays to be considered.
- First and foremost, your intentions to contribute to the technology industry, and second, your financial necessity.
Microsoft disability Scholarship:
Through this initiative, Microsoft will increase the number of people with disabilities enrolling in higher education, thereby decreasing their unemployment rate. Scholarships for disabled people are part of Microsoft’s cross disability employee resource group, which empowers and enables disabled people.
Through this scholarship, high school students with disabilities can attend college and pursue a technology career. Financial needs must be shown by high school seniors who plan on attending a vocational or academic college. The scholarship is renewable and will be available for $5,000 to $20,000.
What is the criteria for selection in Microsoft disability scholarships?
If you want to apply for a Microsoft Disability Scholarship, you must:
- You must be a senior in high school who lives with a disability (per WHO definition), either visual, hearing, cognitive, speech or another one.
- In the fall of the academic year following high-school graduation, consider attending a two- or four-year university or College or Technical College. Financial transactions must be conducted through a U.S.-affiliated school (please contact Seattle Foundation to verify the eligibility of non-USA schools).
- Choose a major in engineering, computer science, computer information systems, law, business, or any related field (e.g. paralegal, pre-law, finance, business administration, or marketing).
- Passionate about technology.
- Display leadership qualities at school and/or in the community.
- At least a 3.0 GPA in high school.
- Are in need of financial assistance for college.
- Enrollment status must be full-time or half-time.
How to qualify for microsoft scholarship?
Microsoft uses the following factors to evaluate applications:
- Adherence to eligibility rules
- Student quality
- Software business interest
- Financial need and leadership ability
Further, one can also apply to the summer internship program with Microsoft, which is a fantastic chance for your academic career and future employment opportunities. The internship is fully financed, and you will be required to work in Redmond for 12 weeks.
How to apply for microsoft scholarship:
As soon the scholarships are announced, you may apply via following links:
Apply Here For Microsoft General Scholarship
Apply Here for Women At Microsoft Scholarship
Apply Here for Black At Microsoft Scholarships
Apply Here for Microsoft disability scholarships